The Guildhall School of Music and Drama is based in Silk Street with a building next to the Barbican Centre inside the Barbican Estate.
The Heron provides additional space for the school. The school occupies eight floors (two below ground ground and five above ground). It contains five public performance spaces to showcase the work of its students. The facilities include:
- a concert hall (609 seats)
- a second theatre (225 seats)
- an accessible studio theatre (80-128 seats, depending on configuration)
- appropriate back of house support
- three rehearsal rooms
- a gymnasium
- three large teaching rooms (one of which will double as a TV studio)
- office and workshop accommodation for the departments of acting and technical theatre.