Please treat these details as as examples. I know they apply to some larger flats, because I obtained the information from UHL, the developers, but I don’t know if they apply to all flats. Each flat owner was given a code for access to a database which UHL set up, which gives the precise information specific to each flat. So, to be sure of what specifically relates to your flat, you need to obtain and use that code.
Kitchen and bathroom ventilation type
The extract fan
This runs on a time delay and is activated by the bathroom light being turned on. The isolator switch is found in the cupboard in which the fan is housed.
- Clean filters on a regular basis following manufacturer guidelines.
- Always isolate the fan before cleaning.
- Do not use solvents to clean the fan.
- Wipe the grille using a damp cloth,
- do not allow water to enter the fan unit.